What is Developmental Transactional Analysis
Transactional Analysis is a social psychology, a theory of human personality and a systematic approach for growth and personal change of individuals, groups and organisations. In the past, the non-therapy applications of TA were known as Special Fields but the term DTA was adopted as this captures the emphasis on development rather than the psychotherapeutic focus on cure. It is therefore of relevance to educators, consultants, trainers, facilitators, teachers, coaches, mentors, counsellors, mediators, social workers, parents, youth workers, advisors, HR professionals, managers, executives – and all who help to develop others .
The aims of the IDTA are to promote transactional analysis as applied by educators, consultants, trainers, facilitators, teachers, coaches, mentors, counsellors, mediators, social workers, parents, youth workers, advisors, HR professionals, managers, executives – and all who help to develop others, through the following:
- Establish and monitor ethics and professional practices related to developmental TA
- Liaise with appropriate professional bodies to stimulate, initiate and monitor standards of training and supervision being offered to students of developmental TA and of people working with the application of developmental TA
- Provide support and encouragement to meet the needs of practitioners and those in training who are involved in developing individuals, groups, organisations and institutions using developmental TA
- Promote ongoing research into developmental TA
- Provide a forum for those interested in ethical and professional applications of developmental TA
- Organise conferences and events so that developmental TA is disseminated and developed
- Stimulate and monitor continuous professional development of its members
Professional TA Qualifications
IDTA liaises with EATA, ITAA, FTAA – the European, International and Australia-based TA Associations, to support the international qualifications of CTA – Certified Transactional Analyst; CTA Trainer; and TSTA – Teaching & Supervising Transactional Analyst.
IDTA also liaises and maintains a contract with ICTAQ – the International Centre for TA Qualifications – to support the following qualifications and awards:
- Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Developmental TA or in TA Coaching, representing 25%, 50% and 100% respectively of the TA requirements for CTA
- the above can lead to accreditation as a TA Practitioner, Advanced Practitioner and Master Practitioner, or as TA Manager, Advanced Manager and Master Manager.
- The above can also lead to a Master’s degree, online, awarded by a UK university
- ICTAQ also operates the TA Personal/Professional Development Awards, such as for children, parents, teachers, unemployed people, police officers, coaches, et cetera
- Links to EMCC, ILM, CMI awards
IDTA is a Founder Member of WOTAA – https://wotaa.org ; a Partner Organisation of the International Transactional Analysis Association; and is affiliated to the European Association of Transactional Analysis
Click here to see the IDTA Policies, including Ethics, Professional Practices, Social Media, etc.
Click here to see the IDTA Membership Leaflet with details of member categories and fees.